This year myself & a few others have entered into the Color Run UK!! AKA The happiest 5K on the planet.
Our team name is Skittles & we are extremely excited to be taking part in this years run, we can not wait!! It makes it even sweeter because the chosen charity for this year is the NSPCC – If you don’t know what that is, it’s the leading childrens charity here in the UK & Channel Islands that helps abused children.
Things that this charity do to help are:
- Protect children from sexual abuse & exploitation
- Provide specialist support for minority ethnic families
- Support children in care
- Provide tools to help social workers deal with neglect
- Help families who misuse drugs/alcohol
- Reduce the impact of domestic abuse on children
- Work with families with parents with mental health problems
- Support young witnesses to give evidence in court
- They have a 24 hour helpline with professional counsellors
- Also, they have a Childline for young people to call for help
- Campaign to change laws to protect children
“Every child is worth fighting for”
If you are able to donate to this amazing charity then please click this link to go to our fundraising page, it’s very quick & easy to do & ANY amount is welcome!
To anybody who decides to donate – Thank you so much, you’re giving children a chance for a new start, you’re showing them that they DO matter & ARE worth fighting for. Perhaps you could leave a note on there, your blog name or just something so I know you donated because of this post so I can come & say thank you to you! To know exactly how your money will be used, you can check out the NSPCC website 🙂 .
Thank you for reading.
If you want to find out more about the NSPCC please click here: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
NSPCC Helpline – If you’re worried about a child, contact the professional counsellors 24/7 for help, advice & support 0808 800 5000 or email: email@example.com
If you are 18 or under & would like free, confidential advice and support call 0800 1111